• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how do you feed adult BD?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know to give salad everyday and the kinds of foods to put in. How often does he get crix and about how many? Do I put any calcium powder on his veggies since he does not eat that many crix with powder on them? should I powder his crix every time I feed them?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That could depend on his age when he's trying to convert to that 80/20 switch.
At 18 months old, he should be eating more salad, and his cricket intake should be between 30-50 per week (this should be closer to 30 as he gets older). You can break that up into several days, dusting with calcium 2 times per week, multi vitamin once, or you can do it all at once and dust his salad the same amount of time.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is 5 so he is on mostly veggies. He just got crix today from the girl I got him from but do not know how many so I will give him about 10 every other day and dust crix twice a week with calcium and salad once a week with vitamin. Sound right? I know you just explained it all but I just finished my math assignments and my brain is fired on anything math.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
supplementation is good.

I'd offer as many as he wants to eat in a 15 minute period.. then gauge from that over several days, as to what his needs are.

Hope that helps !
Janie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
very much, thank you. Now that I have got rest and my brain is not fried from my math class, I read what you said and it makes lots of sense.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nope...................5 years janie. I know you thought 5 months.

30-50 bugs. Not as much as he'll eat.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know this does not answer the topic question, but I was reading this and um I was told to give adult beardies as much as they'll eat in a 15 minute period?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nope.
That recommendation is for babies and juveniles under 18 months. It's considered an 20/80 diet of proteins/greens.
The 80/20 diet limits the amount of proteins so that more vegetation is taken in considering adult digestion and growth without adding or complicating fatty liver issues seen so often on this side of the world.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ah I see. I figured giving them 'as much' as they'll (adults) want to eat is too much. I guess things are alright on my end because Charlie goes through about 50 or a little less a week.

Latest posts