• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do I tell if my Beardie is Over Weight?

LeAnna Givens

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my daughter keeps telling me that Frankie is overweight; I have searched everywhere and every place has a difference of opinion. My stance has been to feed her fruits and veggies in the morning, and then crickets/worms etc. at night but only allow her to eat what she wants within 10-15 minutes.

Any advice on this topic would be great! I have added a few photos to try and give you all a idea what she looks like.

thanks!

Attachments

• Frankie.jpg
    Frankie.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 79
  • FRANKIE3.jpg
    FRANKIE3.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 77

LeAnna Givens

Bearded Dragon Egg
when we follow the online instructions to check gender; we believe female. She is my first Bearded Dragon and searching the internet can be confusing as there are a lot of different opinions out there. I luckily came upon this site, so hoping to get some straight answers :) Thanks for your reply and link, very helpful!

LeAnna Givens

Bearded Dragon Egg
well s/he was not too happy with me looking at the booty, sorry for dirty booty, today is bath day (which s/he loves!). I also added a pic of her topside. After looking at a lot of posts on here and pics of other dragons I would say definitely very chunky lol.

Attachments

• Frankie4.jpg
    Frankie4.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Frankie5jpg.jpg
    Frankie5jpg.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Frankie6.jpg
    Frankie6.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 73

LeAnna Givens

Bearded Dragon Egg
YAYYYYY Thank you so much for confirming! I would have loved her either way, but glad to have confirmation!. Now time to get her weight on track. Thank you again for all your help and the website!

LeAnna Givens

Bearded Dragon Egg
oh my gosh! thank you for letting me know this! I read somewhere about females doing this but wasn't sure when or if she would and how old they have to be.

We got her in Nov 2019 and she was about 4" long, they said she was 6 weeks old - if that is correct she would be about 6-7 months old. The last couple of weeks she has been doing the scratching/digging and restless which she had not done before- she seems to calm down when I got her out and let her ride on my shoulder as i was doing my daily stuff, she loves being out with me and just snuggles up and goes to sleep.

How long do I leave her in the laybox?
can I use loose Coconut Fiber?

Do you have a good website for more information on laybox and females being gravid that you trust?

You have been so very helpful!! I really appreciate it! I am going to make her a laybox today!

Latest posts