• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do i get a leash on my dragon?

REX-BEARDY

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys, i have a 1 and a half year old beardy and he wont let me put a leash on him, he badly wants to go outside but i cant take the risk so i bought a leash, but he hates it! How do you coax a beardy into wearing his leash?

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi guys, i have a 1 and a half year old beardy and he wont let me put a leash on him, he badly wants to go outside but i cant take the risk so i bought a leash, but he hates it! How do you coax a beardy into wearing his leash?
That's a tough one Rex. I started putting a harness on Puff when she was young, as my profile pic shows... She would fight me and always manage to get her foot back out. Now she just turned a year old and had her first clutch and she's much more laid back. i haven't tried lately. All i can recommend is make sure it isn't tooo tight... some are made of leather, but stiff... some are like shoe-string harnesses, which are less bulky and not as hard as trying to get their long toes in the slots of a leather one... Just keep at it, maybe he'll get used to it...LOLOLOL.....

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That's a tough one Rex. I started putting a harness on Puff when she was young, as my profile pic shows... She would fight me and always manage to get her foot back out. Now she just turned a year old and had her first clutch and she's much more laid back. i haven't tried lately. All i can recommend is make sure it isn't tooo tight... some are made of leather, but stiff... some are like shoe-string harnesses, which are less bulky and not as hard as trying to get their long toes in the slots of a leather one... Just keep at it, maybe he'll get used to it...LOLOLOL.....

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
“Harnesses” are a no go for my dragon, only time i can get something on my girl are the “string harnesses” like this, get one in this style, if all else fails tie a rope around ur beardies hips and take him outside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I made a little jacket out of a sock, it is easy, fast, and I guarantee you have all the tools at home right this moment to create it! But be careful, make sure it is secure enough because I made one too loose and he slipped right out of it. Thankful mine isn't a runner lmao.

The best of course, it goes on your dragon very easily.

Here is the tut on youtube;

How to Make a Bearded Dragon Leash [Taylor Crane]