• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How close

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I decided to change around and add things to Baby and Ace's enclosures. Ace got a biiiiiig branch. My question is, how close is too close to the uvb? The branch goes almost all the way to the top. He cannot burn himself though, as there is a screen between him and the light.

Here are pics:

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As long as it is a regular uvb and he can't touch it he is fine.
Things look good, but starting to look a little cramped, it could just be the angle too that I am looking at it. He is getting big. When are you thinking of putting them in their own tanks?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah it is a double fluorescent light fixture, one being the uvb and the other is just a regular fluorescent. I thought it would be a good idea to add that branch so he could get closer to the uvb, as that half log as you see is pretty far away.

He is a pretty big boy now. He is a year old in a few days actually! :) And I'm actually preparing to build an enclosure for one of them. Just getting all the materials ready. Should be working on it in a few weeks. You can check out the thread (it has pics too) as to what I'm doing. http://mybeardie.com/bearded-dragon-forum/bearded-dragon-habitats/building-a-new-enclosure/

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't know how I missed that thread. That looks like it is going to be wonderful.

Latest posts