• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How close to UVB?

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, I recently got my boy a climb thing that I'll post a picture of. He has a reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB on top of a wide hole screen on his enclosure. The highest branch is about 6 inches and a lower branch is 8 inches from the UVB light. Is this too close or will he know better than to go too close if so? Should I move it under the basking lights instead? Thank you!
16379500033297319412160819531316.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I recently got my boy a climb thing that I'll post a picture of. He has a reptisun T5 HO 10.0 UVB on top of a wide hole screen on his enclosure. The highest branch is about 6 inches and a lower branch is 8 inches from the UVB light. Is this too close or will he know better than to go too close if so? Should I move it under the basking lights instead? Thank you! View attachment 30884
Distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches directly underneath if it will go under the basking light as well that would be good if not he will go to the light he needs

Latest posts