• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How can we improve BDF?

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
I do not see the tiny black dragon either on my tabs. I am using Google Chrome. Not sure if that may have something to do with it. I see the same thing as Scottio.

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
Yep, you would definitely pass through Hickory to get to Asheville! And yeah you are right, we are off subject now haha! :D Always cool to meet someone with the same interests that lives so close though! Feel free to mail me if ya want to chat about being a Carolinian LOL

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I find that i am a nervous person; And when i post i would like an answer ASAP: lol-Just my nature and being new i feel any post is important and i realize that people can not answer right away but would at least like an' other people will be on soon post and don't worry about ect; And Josh; Very nice to know who you are and GREAT FORUM!!!. I was on a fish forum and the heading was as such -temps how many ect; info for mods to answer according to what was listed for incloseure temps, feeding how often ect; and a how too- unless i have missed it-ex; How to post links for another newbie; If i have missed it please forgive me.All in all i think it is just a great forum and my babies are doing great thanks to forum and all the great mods and people that make up this forum.PS And i agree a DYI; Section on how to do -for instance not everyone is computer smart and don't want to ask other members on how to -post links ect; or post pics and i am one that don't know how to post a link for another newbie which i had 1-occasion to have to do so; so i had to wait for Germ to come on to posts these links for that person-when i could have done it. As the dragon care section is just great and very informative.and the search button i don't feel people use it as they want a 'live member to answer' lol. Thanks you Josh; For all that you do and you are to be commended on that-newbie; here ; Bella-aka-river-7

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How to post Links, etc, is explained in the 'Help' files located at the top of every page, just below the Forum Banner. Under BB Codes ...
BB Codes

How to post Pics is stickied at the top of the Pics & Vids section.
How To Post Pictures, YouTube Video Tutorials, Cel Phones & Tapatalk Pic Posting

As far as the care sections, they are prominently stickied, a couple in in the General Discussion section & another very good & extensive one stickied in the Health section ...
Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start
Housing Beardies Together aka 'Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation A Good Plan?'
Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

As far as members not wanting to use the search function ... The 'SEARCH' function is a very integral part of ANY forum to find the answers needed. If an answer is needed quickly, the chances are that it has been asked & answered many times before, so it is a very viable info source that should be used prior to posting issues, to find answers.

We have to date, 3900 members, all with a certain amount of knowledge & experiences to share of their own. Most Forums do not have a 24 hr answer service, where there is someone knowledgeable designated to be online all the time. This one is no different. Any Member can & should feel free to give their input if they can, being sure & knowing that their info comes from a good, solid, reliable source. If not, or unsure, it should be left to the more experienced members to give a qualified answer.

The Mods are volunteers, who try their very best to donate as much of their time, helping members with their issues, navigation problems, alleviate as much spam as possible & to be sure that things are kept civil. But we do have lives too & can not always be online 24\7. This is why this is a Community Forum, so all members can help, not all placed on the shoulders of a select few volunteers.

Here is a number of links that will answer the majority of questions about care specifics, if the time is taken to read them thoroughly. There is nothing wrong with new or older members, putting a little effort into research, finding their own answers when they are already there, through other members questions (Search) or the Care Guides, rather than the same questions being posted & having to be answered over & over again.

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Just my $.02 on the subject ...

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
An app maybe good, although I use tapatalk, it'd probably cut out the middleman. I like the idea of a tee shirt design!!!

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
T-Shirt design sounds good, what about a contest for a new "scheme" for the forum each month? For those who like to do graphic designs, or play with art/photography, I thought this could be fun! Also I love how amazing everyone is on this forum! I've been on a ton of forums in the last 10 years +. Not too many are filled with such wonderful people that are nice and non threatening. Everyone has been so kind and offered such wonderful advice without making me feel like a moron and I appreciate that :)

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
New idea, just thought you could do this to for us: Make a map of the continents of our community where we can pin up our profile info and icon picture when you move your curser over it. I have seen it on my Kawasaki Forum.

Lee marriott

Bearded Dragon Egg
When i try to upload a photo it's says this feature is disabled by your forum administrator, why??

Red007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey All,

I want to get a feel for where we are as a community and see where I should be focusing my efforts. How do you feel we can make BeardedDragonForum a better place?
Just to get the ideas flowing, some of my thoughts include:
more frequent photo contests
a logo/t-shirt design contest
BDF Mobile Apps (Apple and Android)

Most importantly, how is the site working for you all? Is there anything that needs my immediate attention?

As always, thank you all so much for your feedback! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas!
How about a recent post tab. Instead of having to search through everything to see what is new. Just shows the most recent threads first.

Soph

Hatchling Dragon
How about a recent post tab. Instead of having to search through everything to see what is new. Just shows the most recent threads first.

I was thinking the same thing when I first joined then I noticed the new posts button at the top on the Forums tab, that lets you know all the most recent posts. It took me a couple of days before I noticed it though.

Red007

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was thinking the same thing when I first joined then I noticed the new posts button at the top on the Forums tab, that lets you know all the most recent posts. It took me a couple of days before I noticed it though.
Whoops!!! Thanks