1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Enclosures' started by dragonscales, Feb 13, 2020.

1. dragonscales

dragonscales Bearded Dragon Egg

Hello, how big should a cage/enclosure be?thanks much
  2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Bearded Dragon Veteran 1,000+ Post Club

Recommended a 75-120 gallon tank and nothing smaller than a 40 gallon and thats pushing it-- you will notice when the dragon gets to be a full size dragon that the 40 gallon is too small
  3. dragonscales

Hey, should it be glass, screen or other?thanks much
  4. kaylynangel

Glass is most common-- if your a carpenter you could build your own- there is a website I can give you for ideas and what you should make it out of-- what to use and what not to use- or you can look for tanks on Craigslist or FB marketplace- if you go this route and you find one make sure you sanitize it real good and look for one w/ front doors- are you doing research on dragons? I can give you a website for all kinds of info on them and their care
  5. dragonscales

Thanks. Anyone you’d recommend for buying one online. What would the dimensions of a 100 gallon tank be?
  6. dragonscales

Also that would be great, any suggested reading on the dragons would be great.thanks again.
  7. kaylynangel

I have a 120 gallon tank and its 4x2x2--- ideally you want length - but you dont want something to low either because of the lighting -- you need something that if you are using a T 8 UVB Tube mfixture it would need to go into the tank and 8-10 inches from basking area - if you go w/ a T 5 UVB it would need to be 12-15 inches from basking area so you need to figure that in as well
    here is the website for the information it has a lot---- read the care sheets they will answer alot of the questions you might have and if not you can always come back here and ask too
    www.beardeddragon .org
    On that website on the forums is a DIY board -
  8. kaylynangel

9. dragonscales

Thanks much. I’m not sure I’ll have enough room to house a terrarium in that size range. It’s gonna take some major rearranging of furniture to say the least. What about letting dragons roam freely, no enclosure?thanks again.
  10. kaylynangel

You can let them roam free but you must make sure they are in a safe environment - no other pets in the house - etc............. I would dragon proof it -- and then of course you need the correct lighting set up to where they can go to bask and of course UVB --- you can take them outside for UVB as well but remember there are predators and they will bolt and their beards go black if they think they are in danger---