• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

housing leopard females

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sooooo i know you can keep female leopards together if the tank is large enough to accomodate but here is the thing I picked up the 1year old today , picking up her mom and dad this weekend I have 2 seperate tanks one for each of the males can I house the females together also if I get a younger female can I house her with them as well or is there an age thing with the females will they beat up young ones?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Angel... It's more of a size thing than an age thing. I have all 3 of my Adult females housed in a 55 with all three of my juvie females. Now all three of the adults have been housed together most of their lives with either each other, or other females. I recently moved the 3 juvies once they were of a length with the older ones, and still am observing behaviors of all 6. interestingly enough, 2 of the juvies freely mingle with the adults in one hide... the 3rd juvie tends to go out to the largest female's hide and sleep with her... Though I have 4 dry hides, 2 wet hides, all together in the tank for them to choose from.
Janie

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
thanks , Ill prob try housing them together the juvy isnt that small I have 3 hides and 1 wet hide but could provide more .
The breeder im getting them all from is showing me how to use an incubator this weekend he said the adults will be ready feb to breed, He said his incubator is home made he uses heat tape??? have no idea what that is since we cant buy tht up here but I have looked into incubators on craigslist and seen them for $60-$100 any pointers on what to look for when shopping for one or brands that are better than others? {he cant sell his as he has eggs in it still}

Latest posts