• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Horrible experience

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So I went to get an extreme red male from a first time breeder in Cali they had honestly a very nice male I wanted alot when we had talked about pricing when hue were all still hatchlings they were giving me a great price cuz they said they'd give me a deal cuz I talked with hem and kept in touch from the get go n said 150 shipped for what ever kinda nice one I wanted of corse not there top ones hey produced but still nicer ones from the clutch then I waited a few months they sell the dragons as juries and had the perfect one I wanted posted 400 I asked for a lower price cuZ it's me n that's pricey hey said no so I said ok let's do payments I really like him so they said ok but then as I looked around more and talked to people and found dragons of he same quality fir half the price from more established breeders and said hey I feel like this isn't a good deal let's lower the price they then through a huge fit n argument and I just said fine I'll take one of the cheaper dragons you have as I can't bring my self to pay that much for him so I payed for a nice male a lil more orange than red compared to his brother but has alot more growing time to do as he's younger n had alot of similar potential but then they went to ship him to me it was 60$ frm Cali to fl it's cold Ruhr now just as I went to ask her to put a second heat pack with it before shipping I was allreAdy too late and she allready shipped it but to my surprise she says I didn't use any heat packs ...like wow!!!!... It's cold this time of year and even fl is having a cold front... So I was stressed all day over that I had the person who was home have him warmed up slowly to prevent temp shock but then I finally got home to check him out and was even more devastated to see hat they didn't even insulate the box and put holes all over the outside of the box ... It was just a very thin shipping box w holes a tupArd ware container w some news paper inside -___- so now I have to worry about an upper respritory infection! Ughhhhhhh how dumb

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ive never even shipped a reptile myself yet but I kno how to do this better are you kidding

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
that is bad sorry about all of that i hope the little one is ok

Strange_Evil

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
What a shame, i would post on the FAUNA BOI about this,what's her site or name? It would help keep people from buying from her or at least warn them.

She's just getting into the hobby and already making crucial mistakes not good.

Smart move having him heated up slowly, also take into account RI will not just happen in an instant,they have incubation periods to set in.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't want to completely ruin herbreputation she's gunna work w me if he dose get sick and he is pretty Im waitin till he's all calmed down then I'll post pics of him but hes defdinately well fed n taken care of just the consideration n time wasn taken for shipping but if she dosent follow through taking care if he gets sick I'll be sure to let people know

PôřkÇhöp

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Keep us posted, you are right to hold out for now on the BOI, (IMO) This may just be a case of "she just didn't know any better" ...but she damn well better get up to speed quick or she will not make it. Ignorance is not a good enough excuse when it comes to the well-being of an animal... Any animal.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I kno so far she's cooperating going to get fecals tues day he's acting a little lethargic but well see if she follows through

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He was overloaded with cocidia -___- but I just took care of it my self but so far no respritory infection

Latest posts