• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hornworms and the newcomer.

should i try and do this guide?

• Dont bother.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just like to vote =D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shoulon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I own a 12month old Beardy named Yoshinita. Idk if anyone of you specifcally remember me. I'm kinda a post hr and there person. I'll soon be planning to own a Frilled Dragon =)

Anyway I was hoping to make this thread into a questionnaire and a guide at the same time! =D Over two months I want to begin using Hornworm's and breed them. The reason i'm doing this is despite the amounts of questions and info regarding them, there really is no full head on guide like the million "How to own a Beardy Guide's." Most people who want to change their food supply come from buying overly priced crickets from local stores. then decide to buy online or breed, with no experiece at all. (like myself, though im a fast learner and do several hours to days of homework." Also there are no stickies of "how to guides here"

The site's used as reference.
Manducaproject
Hornworms by C.J Caruthers
GreatLakes Hornworms

I'll be buying them from GreatLakes since there the most referential website. now over the two months I plan to ask many questions and edit this first post several times to become in the end a Guide (near the ending 2months) (and keep at it)

These are my starting steps to this Project. I'll be taking many pictures and try to calendar the times and progress best I can

1) I have and entire space specifically reserved for this project. trust me its alot of space. :)

2) Iv'e went to Target and bought Five Plastic Box Containers and will be replicating this box - Larva Box
larvabox_compl.jpg

3) I'll be Ordering 100 Eggs and 1lb of Dry Food Combo from GreatLakes =)

4) This coming weekend i'll be making the Rearing Box so it's already made without the later hassle.
Rearing%20_Box.gif

Questions

1. Will the 5 larva boxes be enough for the order?
2. Any pre-tips? =)
3. Am I missing anything Important? D=

SideNote.

To forum Mod's and Admin's I'll be reserving two post after this one for future space. If its a issue go ahead and remove them and pm or something. Thanks!

Latest posts