• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Horn Worms

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
I have a friend down south that has a garden full of hornworms. He is sending me a bunch but I have a question. The hornworms are in his tomato garden and have been feasting on his tomatoes. I know tomatoes are not a good food to give crickets and roaches as uric acid can build up and then be passed to the beardie. If I let the worms sit for a week or so eating other greens will the uric acid eventually pass?

Thanks!

Crabs

Emmamali

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have gotten my horn worms from reptile expos and the occasional pet store. I haven't found any that ship though. The website I use to get my dubias does not ship horn worms. Never feed from outside even if you have a pesticide free yard the neighbors may not. I would recommend growing your own greens though. It is a cheaper option especially if you own a bunch of reptiles. Dandelion greens are the best to grow because they are weeds so they grow easily. My bearded dragon, blue tongued skink, and tortoises love dandelions.

Latest posts