• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hoppers

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah hoppers are ok, they are a better staple food for beardies than waxworms. Mine is a juvie so eats about a box or half a day! :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As far as how many to feed, the same as crix, all the appropriate sized hoppers they will eat in a 10-15 minute period per feeding. Locusts are quite a good feeder if they are well gutloaded, as they naturally have a high Calcium content, contrary to crix & almost all other usual feeders other than Pheonix Worms.

Good Luck

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't remember the age or size of your BD. If it is an adult or near to, adult locusts are fine. If it is younger, the old tried & true rule of thumb, of nothing larger than the space between the eyes, is always the best way to determine appropriate sized feeders. I am unfamiliar with how Locusts are sold as far as size goes, as they generally are not readily available this side of the Pond.

Good Luck

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Feed him as many as he wants to eat, 2-3 times a week, with greens daily, you won't overfeed him, he will stop when he's had enough. They know what they need better than we do at any given time, we just have to be sure that we provide the right options for them to make the choices ;) .

Latest posts