• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Homemade Milk Replacer

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
as i was studying for school i came across a homemade milk replacer recipe if you can't get some of the commercial stuff...this is right out of my vet assistant text book

Homemade Milk Replacer
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 tablespoon corn syrup
• 3 egg yolks
• A drop or two of human liquid multivitamin
• A pinch of salt
Keep in mind that any milk replacer can cause diarrhea.

idk if this will be useful to anyone but its always good to know

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Candice.
I've used that recipe before and it's pretty good. I think it's the corn syrup that gives the diarrhea tho. When I was born, there was no baby formula. Our parents fed us Carnation Milk in a can diluted with some water and a tsp of karo syrup. The syrup is still needed for the mix to have the sugars and all mesh well......but i thought it funny.
I've also used dried milk to substitute

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
always lookin to post out some info i learned or came across...i was in a similar situation as u with the forumula...my mom couldnt breast feed and my stomach didnt like the formula so my parents mixed up something like that too

Latest posts