• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hiding

Nico spaz

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I just changed my bearded dragons tank around. I moved his uvb light inside the tank and put in a new basking platform and a proper hide because he is growing. Hes about six or seven months old. Temps are good 95- 110. UVB is great. Arcaida 12 percent t5. Got the correct distance. But he has been hiding the past two days. He won’t bask unless I physically sit him in the basking area. He still eats his salads and his roaches but then goes right back to hiding. I don’t know if he’s stressed because I changed everything or if something else is going on

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I just changed my bearded dragons tank around. I moved his uvb light inside the tank and put in a new basking platform and a proper hide because he is growing. Hes about six or seven months old. Temps are good 95- 110. UVB is great. Arcaida 12 percent t5. Got the correct distance. But he has been hiding the past two days. He won’t bask unless I physically sit him in the basking area. He still eats his salads and his roaches but then goes right back to hiding. I don’t know if he’s stressed because I changed everything or if something else is going on
As long as the surface basking temps and his UVB are up to par and hes eating not losing weight he should be fine - they know when they need their lights - he could be going thru a slow down phase of his basking periods - what is the distance you have for his UVB ? Is it directly over a piece of basking decor?

Nico spaz

Bearded Dragon Egg
As long as the surface basking temps and his UVB are up to par and hes eating not losing weight he should be fine - they know when they need their lights - he could be going thru a slow down phase of his basking periods - what is the distance you have for his UVB ? Is it directly over a piece of basking decor?
Yes it’s 12 inches away

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it’s 12 inches away
Ok w/ all that being on par I would let him do his thing - they do go into their hides from time to time and not bask for a few days -- mine do it - he will sit in the door way of his hide w/ his head out which is on the cool side of the tank and not bask- I let him do what he needs to do

Nico spaz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok w/ all that being on par I would let him do his thing - they do go into their hides from time to time and not bask for a few days -- mine do it - he will sit in the door way of his hide w/ his head out which is on the cool side of the tank and not bask- I let him do what he needs to do
Okay thank you that makes me feel better

Nico spaz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay he’s ate some of his salad today and is back out basking. He’s not as interested in bugs lately. Didn’t eat any yesterday or today so far but it’s eating his greens. Had about 25 roaches three days ago. So I think he’s doing what you said your dragons did. Thank you Sadie you’ve helped me a lot!
Okay thank you that makes me feel better

Sue loves lizards

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Might want to check the temp on top of the basking spot. I had a plastic half log under light that was 120°. We had to put in a light of less wattage. Or, get real wood hide.