• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hiding

Brutus8

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine has done that alot as well, i just blocked up his cave so he couldnt get in it, but when i take him out and let him rome in the house he always finds a dark spot to lay in. It could be cause of brumation, could just be temporary, i dont think it's anything to worry about, now if he or she starts looking a little sluggish, and doesnt move much then maybe he is constipated and needs a warm bath, just keep a close eye on him or her. Thats the best i can do.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Brutus, why not start a new thread, and introduce yourself, and your "pets" ?
This way we can concentrate on giving you advice, if needed, or just gushing over your babies !
Hope this helps out !
Janie
Pardon the hijack here folks !

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Brutus. And welcome!

Hides are important to beardies, but hiding all the time is a sign of something may be amiss. Brumation typically occurs during the winter months and beardies should be coming out if not already out by now.

Can you go over your setup?
1. What UV light are you using?
2. What are your temps on the hot side and cool side?
3. What are you using to measure your temps?
4. How old is your beardie?
5. What substrate are you using?
6. What does your beardie eat?
7. When was the last time he/she pooped?
8. How often do you give baths?

Brutus8

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, Brutus. And welcome!

Hides are important to beardies, but hiding all the time is a sign of something may be amiss. Brumation typically occurs during the winter months and beardies should be coming out if not already out by now.

Can you go over your setup?
1. What UV light are you using? (Repti Sun 10.0)
2. What are your temps on the hot side and cool side? (85 Cool - 110 Hot)
3. What are you using to measure your temps? (Digital Thermometer)
4. How old is your beardie? ( 2 Years )
5. What substrate are you using? (Tile)
6. What does your beardie eat? (Crickets, Supers, Fruits and Veggies)
7. When was the last time he/she pooped? (Today)
8. How often do you give baths? ( Twice sometimes three times)

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How long have you had your beardie? have you moved his viv to a different place in the house? This is what was causing Yoyo to hide all the time.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, are you sure there is no basking going on? Are you around during the day?

Some things to consider, how far away is the basking spot from the light?

Another thought would be that perhaps 110F is too hot for him. For a 2 year old, you can get the hot side down to 95F. I'd start in small increments first. Take it down to 105 and see if that makes a difference.

Latest posts