• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hide?

TheGuvnor

Hatchling Dragon
As long as they have somewhere they can escape the basking area and uv in the cool end all will be fine. Unless they use it all the time (when the uv Is on) then you may have to remove it. But sleeping and escaping the heat/uv for a couple of hours is fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
One on the cool side will do the job quite nicely, if any at all. Most BDs won't use their hide & that is a good thing, meaning that they are comfy in their enclosure, with little stress or temp issues. Mine so very rarely use theirs, other than for Brumation, that I don't even provide one in the majority of my enclosures. I find that it just provides a dark hiding spot for feeders. I use a Play Sand substrate so my BDs can naturally dig themselves a burrow to Brumate in if necessary.

Hoodwink has been brumating for a couple of months now.

Latest posts