• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hide

Connor Ashton

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys,

So my 3-4 month old beardie usually sleeps under his hide. Yesterday morning I wanted to get him out to see if he would eat so I picked up the hide. He flipped out and puffed up and tried to bite me. Later on in the day however he was on top of the hide which is his basking spot and he was all good. Should I always wait for him to get out from the hide to pick him up even if he’s under there in the afternoon/evening?

Ray Hower

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys,

So my 3-4 month old beardie usually sleeps under his hide. Yesterday morning I wanted to get him out to see if he would eat so I picked up the hide. He flipped out and puffed up and tried to bite me. Later on in the day however he was on top of the hide which is his basking spot and he was all good. Should I always wait for him to get out from the hide to pick him up even if he’s under there in the afternoon/evening?
Their timid at these ages. Your big their small. Their brains don't operate on our levels so when they wake up. Big hands coming at them and their safe place has suddenly disappeared.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe... yea he was sleeping and by lifting his hide up he went right into fight mode.. Yea like stated above your huge to him lol I always wait for them to open their eyes so they see it's just me.

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
yeah,, they hate being woken up. i had mine go all defense mode, semi hiss at me, and try to bite me when i woke him up the one and only time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Hower

Bearded Dragon Egg
Both my girls actually don't mind, well at least they don't retaliate in a negative way bthey do tend to give me the stink eye but they love cuddles they know what's up when we come in after lights out [emoji14] they only really don't like to be handled at full temp. I usually pick em up only if their in a cooler spot

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
Both my girls actually don't mind, well at least they don't retaliate in a negative way bthey do tend to give me the stink eye but they love cuddles they know what's up when we come in after lights out [emoji14] they only really don't like to be handled at full temp. I usually pick em up only if their in a cooler spot

full temp is when mine likes to be handled the most, because my room is fairly cool so he likes to cuddle up in some blankets and fall asleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts