• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi

Bearded Lady

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum thing. I'm from Calgary Ab Canada. I have a three year old female breadie named Fred. I would have to say since last wednesday she has not had anything to eat, from sunday into tuesday her beard has gone from slightly black to completly black, and she is barely moving about in her cage. I have noticed in the past that she goes kind of crazy before she lays eggs ( I don't breed her ), but nothing like this. Her back kind of arches up, and then goes back down to being flat. I just wondering what could be wrong with her? I'm getting worried, like really worried tot he point I'm not sleeping. Please help! When I asy goes crazy, she diggs around her tank in the sand, trys climbing the walls, and her beard turns black, and then she'll calm down, she'd be fine, but recenly she hasn;t turned back to normal, she is also in the process of shedding, would that also casue her beard to turn black?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well is sounds to me like she want to lay eggs. Sometimes if not given the proper substrate to lay eggs they will not lay causing them to be egg bound which can and will kill them. Try putting her in a tote with soil and half play sand mix, about 18 inches deep and see if it encourages her to lay.

Latest posts