• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi new owner from rochester NY (pic heavy)

bconnors

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone fist off i'd thought i'd introduce myself my name is Brandon and i am 19 and i own two beardies i purchased them about a couple months ago from a local breeder here in rochester ny they were about 6 weeks old when i bought them so they are about 3 and a half months old now my breeder said that he bred a sunfire and a translucent (correct me if i am wrong with the names) and i couldnt be more pleased i never thought reptiles could have such personality! my two dragons live together in a 20 gallon tank right now but i plan on getting a 75 gallon within the next month or two and i have heard some beardies dont like being housed together by mine seem to have grown very attached to one another both are sweet as can be and very funny too! i am not sure as of their gender yet because my breeder says he cant sex them until they are around 1 foot long but from reading things ive been able to assume i that i have a boy and a girl from their body types and crests. i am a huge star wars fan so my bigger beardie who i assume is a boy i named Krayt after the Krayt Dragons from the Star Wars universe i however have yet to come up with a name for my little girl any ways i am happy to be apart of these forums here are a few pictures of my beardies:

None of these pictures were forced they are just two big goofballs!

The two of them together
10dzj40.jpg

My big boy Krayt
2wgwr4z.jpg

My little girl
33m9193.jpg

Little girl likes to watch me from her tank sometimes :]
296en28.jpg

Krayt helping me on the computer
28tddg7.jpg

Krayt taking a picture
ieguop.jpg

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum !!

Beautiful babies you got there...looking forward to more pics

Take Care
Laurie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Brandon. Welcome to our forum. We look forward to hearing about your adventures with your beardies.

I'm glad that you are aware of the fact that bearded dragons are not social creatures. Yes, there are success stories of people housing two beardies together. And your beardies are young. Please keep a close eye on them. It's around the 3-4 month mark when one may become dominant over the other. Look for signs of dominance (charging, puffing beard, etc.) Also make sure one is not hanging around the same spot in the viv and trying to hide. And obviously, if one is not eating, that is a tell tale sign that that beardie feels inferior.

Both are cuties!

bconnors

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks Renee i appreciate the information i actually get to monitor them quite a bit since i have them right in my bed room so if a problem arises ill be able to see it but so far they seem to be fine with each other share their basking spot nicely and like to follow one another around when i take them out of their cage

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome aboard BC,
Great looking poopers.
Another real good reason to seperate them would be breeding. If you keep them together they will at some point breed and a strong male can breed a female to death. Also if they are brother and sister I wouldnt recomend line breeding.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey there and welcome! they are sooo adorable.

i agree with everyone. you may not want to hear it, but i'd separate them. they are young now....and get along....but in a couple months they will be adults and horrible things could happen. i wouldn't take the risk.

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello and welcome... They are really cute. They look like they have a lot of personality.

Raz and Chuck's mommy

Latest posts