• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi new here

gizzardsmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We acquired our new baby Christmas Eve. My hubby named him Gizmo but it has become Gizzard for me lol. I have no idea how that is "short" for Gizmo but...He is 6 months old, weighs 1 oz and is 9.5 inches long. He is a Sunfire Lavendar mix. He is quiet handsome lol.

He is eating very well. Most days a little too well. He loves his crickets and salads. Last week I introduced carrots with the kale, this week we are trying kale, carrots and radishes.;) He is still eating 15 to 20 crickets a day...too many?

I will try to download pics soon. Looking forward to making new friends and getting some answers lol.

Dawn

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome

If you dont mind some observations.
1 oz is really light. Are you sure about this, if conversion is correct its about 28-30 gramms correct? For a 6 mnth old he should weigh a lot more.
15-20 cricks is def not too much, he should be allowed to eat as much as he wants 3x day till the age of 12 months. This can be anywhere between 50 and 100 feeders per day.
Be carefull if feeding Kale, that you dont overdo it, it binds calcium. Great other greens are collards, Mustard, Endive, Dandelion.....they also love squash especially butternut

Looking forward to seeing pics

gizzardsmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks so much for the info!! I have also thought about trying to breed my own crickets lol since he needs so many.

i never mind observations!! I thought it seemed a little light to!! He has shed once already so I know he is growing. He shed perfectly with no problems at all so I will just keep feeding and hope he isn't stunted lol.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Shedding is good. Some start off slow and then get a groth spurt. Im sure hell grow nicely for you real soon. One of these days youre gonna write about how you wish hell STOP shedding and growing LOL

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for joining the community Dawn! Welcome to BDF! Congrats on the new dragon!

Latest posts