• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi new here and asking for help

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all my name is Cindy and I have a new baby bearded dragon, his/her name is Nugget and sadly I believe he was to young to be sold. My nephew took my son to a reptile show and came home with a 3 week old baby bearded dragon......... I have been reading up on everything I can but being a sugar glider breeder I know there is no better place than to ask those who care for them. So.... hoping the little guy can survive without parents at this age, please help me learn how to care for this sweet little baby..............thank you for any and all the help I can get!!!!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are technically born self sufficient. They never see their parents in the wild as the mother lays the eggs, buries them, and leaves. 3 weeks is awfully young to be sold but is doable. check out the care sheets on the main page of this site. great info on feeding, supplementation, lighting, tanks, heating, hydration, and what not. http://www.mybeardie.com/
a number of articles listed on the left side of this page that i linked for you is full of info. and please post any and all questions you have we are all here to help.

setirc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Brian and thanx for the info at least I have somewhere to start now.....ok so I am just gonna ask and really can't help it if I sound stupid. I really need to know how to do this. I bought Nugget mini crickets, they look like tiny fruit flies they are so little, everything says to offer them as many as he will eat in 15 minutes...so do I feed them by hand or just dump them in the cage? He seems so very tiny in a 40 gallon tank, I dont know if he even sees them in there. I also cut up teenie tiny pieces of carrot, and bought some gerber chicken baby food. The only thing he is eating is the baby food. Should I put him in something littler for the cricket feeding? I also bought those very tiny mealies, and like the crickets, they are just crawling around in the cage.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When my baby was that little(i got him when he was a week old) I put him in a plastic shoebox and dumped a few in. I replaced the amount that he ate every couple of minutes until he lost interest

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the same thing i was going to suggest. i use smaller plastic feeding bins for all of my babies. when they are that small they just arent as good at chasing their food down. rule of thumb on feeders just so you know is no larger than the space between their eyes. so at that age you should be ok with 1/4 inch crix oh an i officially request pictures of the baby ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Cindy and welcome to our forum. Wow, 3 weeks old. Sooooo, tiny.

It looks like your questions have been answered. Please ask away and never feel that any question is stupid. At one time or another, we all had the same questions. Give the care sheets a read and let us know if you need any clarifications. It is overwhelming at first, but once you get the basics down, these little guys are pretty easy to care for.

Latest posts