• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi im lizardlady

Dragonlady101$

Bearded Dragon Egg
my bearded dragon name is spike and i love beard dragons cause they are cute and love to be cuddled

I'm here to seek some help I'm new to the beard dragon and I always wanted one .I finally got one from pet store yesterday. And he's a small baby.He loves to be held he sleeps on me already. But I don't want to hold him to much cause he's new.When brought him home and put him in his cage and turn on his lamps and his water dish he was fine he was running around he was checking out the whole Aquarium he climbed up on his heating Rock under the lamps and he just chilled the whole night I put a couple crickets in there he refused to chase after them hunt or eat them so then I put an earthworm in there he ate it up immediately but he won't hunt he only ate it because I put it on the Rock in front of him now today I sprayed him and I gave him some water and he enjoyed it and he drank the water and he's running around he has not gotten sick he doesn't act hurt but I can't get him to eat today I don't know if it's what is wrong why will he not eat today I do know they only eat once or twice a day when they're little but he has not eaten today and I'm concerned but he is still fairly new too what do I do

Attachments

• 20221126_155044.jpg
    20221126_155044.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221125_222050.jpg
    20221125_222050.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm here to seek some help I'm new to the beard dragon and I always wanted one .I finally got one from pet store yesterday. And he's a small baby.He loves to be held he sleeps on me already. But I don't want to hold him to much cause he's new.When brought him home and put him in his cage and turn on his lamps and his water dish he was fine he was running around he was checking out the whole Aquarium he climbed up on his heating Rock under the lamps and he just chilled the whole night I put a couple crickets in there he refused to chase after them hunt or eat them so then I put an earthworm in there he ate it up immediately but he won't hunt he only ate it because I put it on the Rock in front of him now today I sprayed him and I gave him some water and he enjoyed it and he drank the water and he's running around he has not gotten sick he doesn't act hurt but I can't get him to eat today I don't know if it's what is wrong why will he not eat today I do know they only eat once or twice a day when they're little but he has not eaten today and I'm concerned but he is still fairly new too what do I do
Welcome- he's going thru relocation stress- please go over your uvb coil or a long tube fixture-- this is crucial - what are your surface basking temps-- those need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- stick ons are inaccurate - we need to make sure your husbandry is on par - no colored bulbs they are harmful to the eyes- when this is all good it's going to help him acclimate to his surroundings and tank better- if this is off he will not eat- please don't handle for now-- petting in the tank is good he needs to get used to you- place a piece of clothing or a fleece blanket in his hide something with your smell on it so he gets used to you- also approach him from the side not above they have a 3rd eye on top of their heads for predators -