• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HEY

madman

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just got a Dexter about a month ago. I have been looking at this forum for advice since the day we got Dex and everyone seems to be very helpful. I look forward to talking to all of you. Does anyone have any advice on water bowls in the tanks, should i be worried about to much humidity? Also he is a pig hes eating 20 dubias a day, 2 salads and 6 to 8 supers a day is this to much?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome from a fellow Dexter!

Humidity should be between 30%-50%. I never liked water bowls in the tank until this past winter, it was so dry that the humidity was real low in both my tanks. My beardies don't really drink out of the bowls on their own so I think in the summer I am going to take them out.

How old is Dexter? It's not uncommon for juveniles to eat a lot as they are growing. My Dexter used to eat about 60 crickets a day for like the first 5 months or so.

Latest posts