• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey Y'all! My First Beardie

lil' ése's mother

Bearded Dragon Egg
I met Lil Ése (a slang mexican term for lil homie/buddy/dude) at a Petland Discount in Manhattan after a day of drinking rosé with friends. I 'happily' walked into the pet store looking to buy a dog treat for our shiba inu, Zeus, when I saw Lil Ése in a 20 gallon tank with about 6 other 2 month old beardies. He was the smallest of the bunch and was injured all over his right side. Turns out getting bullied and beat up led to a fungal infection, which I cured using feminine cream and some other products recommended by the online vet. The looks on the CVS employees face when I walked to the register were priceless!!

I've had him for 3 months and getting to know his personality is the most fun I've had with a human or animal. jk but also kinda...Here he is looking out deep in thought lol
IMG_0781.JPG
He loves when I play my guitar, he LOVES people and activity watching, he loves being in my curls and when I put a vine in his enclosure-fuggeddaboudit! When he wants to be in his enclosure, he acts antsy. When he wants to be on my shoulder, he tries to crawl out of his enclosure. Is this real or am I making it up to feel loved? haha

I am so happy to have found a forum with other people as insanely in love with beardies as I am. My biggest annoyance right now is finding the bugs he likes. Of all the bugs I've tried, he really only likes crickets and it's getting pricey to keep ordering bugs with great nutrition that I have to throw away.

xo
Sophia

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i LOVE the picture! i do believe they try to communicate with us. yeah - they do pull at our heartstrings !

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome to the forum. I have to admit that when I told my boyfriend your screen name...I had to say it with an accent :rolleyes: I love it! He is such a cutie, and they do tug at your heart strings more than you can ever have imagined.

I hear you about the bugs. I just bought butter worms and silk worms for the first time this week. Dexter has turned her nose up at both of them and my boy Luci is in brumation. I have a chameleon that will eat the silk worms but I think I somehow killed them.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome! I am new to these awesome critters!! My Izzy loves loves loves dubia roaches, butterworms, waxworms then crickets.. I house and used to breed the crickets but now just order online, and I'm raising the roaches ( hope so anyways I have a colony that should start producing anytime.)..I have a bird that eats insects so she eats the crickets and mealworms wish I could switch her to the roaches but she turns her beak up at them..

Currently I sit here with Izzy in her fleece on my chest sound asleep lol

Latest posts