• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey y’all I’m new and have a question

Bearded love

Bearded Dragon Egg
How are they doing?
My father in law insist on keeping them together. And since they are his babies I have to listen to his wishes til he picks them up(but who knows when that is) I have completely changed their diet and started them on lots of vitamins and stuff.
bevause they were used to HIS way of living its hard to get them to eat anything
Elliot the dragon still has a dark beard all the time. Always trying to rape Maria and I just break them up before he has the chance to bite one of her horns off or something.
these dragons are super calm and relaxed and the only time I ever see them run around is when Elliot gets all “horny” for lack of a better word.
I video chatted with a vet. I don’t have a local exotic vet near me.
he h
Said that Maria is lucky to be alive. By the look of her eggs my FIL didn’t keep up a healthy diet for her and her body as lacking the calcium she needed (before I had them he fed them nothing but spinach kale and mealworms) needless to say those are not in the menu anymore.
the vet said that if I just pushed Maria’s lethargic to being tired after laying that she would have been dead. But I gave her cpr 6 times that night and hardly slept. I got her back to healthy but the vet said the incubated eggs didn’t have enough calcium and are likely to not survive. Still praying though. Maria is back to normal and eating a healthy diet. Turnip greens are her new favorite. Elliot is still dark but super loving. His dark beard doesn’t come with any other symptoms but humping. Dr said he seems fine but just picking up the hormones that Maria is letting off. He’s also shedding so he’s not happy about that.
I really appreciate everyone’s help on this.
and thanks for asking how they were

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My father in law insist on keeping them together. And since they are his babies I have to listen to his wishes til he picks them up(but who knows when that is) I have completely changed their diet and started them on lots of vitamins and stuff.
bevause they were used to HIS way of living its hard to get them to eat anything
Elliot the dragon still has a dark beard all the time. Always trying to rape Maria and I just break them up before he has the chance to bite one of her horns off or something.
these dragons are super calm and relaxed and the only time I ever see them run around is when Elliot gets all “horny” for lack of a better word.
I video chatted with a vet. I don’t have a local exotic vet near me.
he h
Said that Maria is lucky to be alive. By the look of her eggs my FIL didn’t keep up a healthy diet for her and her body as lacking the calcium she needed (before I had them he fed them nothing but spinach kale and mealworms) needless to say those are not in the menu anymore.
the vet said that if I just pushed Maria’s lethargic to being tired after laying that she would have been dead. But I gave her cpr 6 times that night and hardly slept. I got her back to healthy but the vet said the incubated eggs didn’t have enough calcium and are likely to not survive. Still praying though. Maria is back to normal and eating a healthy diet. Turnip greens are her new favorite. Elliot is still dark but super loving. His dark beard doesn’t come with any other symptoms but humping. Dr said he seems fine but just picking up the hormones that Maria is letting off. He’s also shedding so he’s not happy about that.
I really appreciate everyone’s help on this.
and thanks for asking how they were
It sounds like the female is not going to make it--- sad

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Is there any chance your could convince you FiL to pass them on to you? They would have a much better life under your care and a longer lifespan. He was neglecting and abusing the poor beardies.
If the eggs do hatch (only a few are likely to, if any), most of the babies will likely die or have severe issues. Consider if hatching them is something you want to go through with.
The most important thing right now is rehabbing the female and giving her as much calcium as possible. Dubias (briefly refrigerated to slow them down), BSFL, mustard greens, and any high calcium veggies can all be tossed into her daily salads.

Bearded love

Bearded Dragon Egg
The female, Maria, is actually doing great. she is eating now and very active. I had to do CPR on her several times. On the phone with a vet that was helping me through the process. He said she was so deprived she should have not made it. But we pulled through and she is doing a very healthy diet of greens and every once in a while roaches vitamins and calcium 2X a week per dr order. The eggs are not well and he said if they hatch may have disabilities. But me being, well....me. I will take care of the disabilities if they come. Everyone deserves a chance and I’m a stay at home mom/in home care nurse( for humans) lol so I can build and put in the time if need be. But Elliot Ana Maria are doing great. Hard to change stubborn Elliots diet but slowly but surely. I just have a lot of work. FIL is just as stubborn, he cried as he left them with me but has never cried for anyone else so he loves them and thought he was doing right but unfortunately he didn’t do his research. I am so grateful for this forum! Thank you guys for your support

Attachments

• 33DA35E2-401D-4B9D-9519-B8B288A7AF29.jpeg
    33DA35E2-401D-4B9D-9519-B8B288A7AF29.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • BCD684DC-9931-4AB5-8A41-01A40988EC3E.jpeg
    BCD684DC-9931-4AB5-8A41-01A40988EC3E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • B822D4B1-E8F1-474E-8FB9-DDE41271F1E9.jpeg
    B822D4B1-E8F1-474E-8FB9-DDE41271F1E9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • B45E277C-0281-4C0B-9BA2-988FBC191EB9.jpeg
    B45E277C-0281-4C0B-9BA2-988FBC191EB9.jpeg