• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey new kid here :) from kamloops BC Canada

Kashiya

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone just got my beardie 2weeks ago his name is Hugo and is a little piggie he is 3 months and already 12inches. Any advise is always welcome.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
4.jpg

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Always nice to see a fellow Canadian, from SK, here.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Wow you have a big beardie! My beardie is 5 months old and still smaller than that...haven't measured him in awhile but I am quite sure he is not that big yet! He seems to be growing slowly....but his belly is certainly getting bigger! hehe..;)Welcome to the forums! This is the best forum with the best support and the kindest people...hope you enjoy it!

Kashiya

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks you all. Hello spike he looks like a little character :) thanks for all the info already it's been helpful.

Kashiya

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my little Hugo has grown 2" in just over 3 weeks so he is now 14" head to tail and still eating like crazy. The previous owner got him in sept and he was only 4" so I'm guessing he is about 4 months now. His poop is a bit loose some days but I think it could be from us switching his food around. Now that his meals are sorted I hope he firms up :) he eats a small bowl of veggies every day and isn't to picky now plus I go through like 200 crickets a week and was giving Phoenix worms but found them to expensive and small for 100 it costs 24$ and he finishes that many in 4-5 days. The veggies he gets every day in a mix is collard greens, dandelion leafs, water crest, squash, parsley, kale,and bok Chou and berries on the odd day :) do beardies always grow this fast? And what age will he be full size?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Wow.. you definitely have a big boy there! Yours is eating as much as mine is, although mine is a few weeks younger. You are scaring the heck out of me with your stories. :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Kashiya, I would recommend you get rid of that red light. Colored lights tend to be an eye irritant to bd's. If you're using it for night heat I would recommend a CHE (ceramic heat emitter), they don't get good sleep with a light on. Also I would recommend some digital thermometers with probes. One probe placed directly at the basking site and the other on the cool side.

Setup is looking pretty neat!

Kashiya

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the advice eventually the light and thermostats will be switched but must wait till its in the budget. It's what he came with when we got him and have been slowly changing things per pay cheque. The lights are on only during the day. I've already changed his tank setup from a small tall exo terra designed for rainforest reptiles(18"-18"-24")to the largest the front door one it comes in(36"-18"-18")It was insane the stuff they had with him a waterfall, bark mulch, red light, vines, and the tank was infested with baby crickets. Other than inappropriate conditions he was big and healthy. So glad I got him but that's kinda a bit more backstory. Equipment for reptiles here is very high priced when I go to kelowna I may go get my replacement stuff since it is 50% cheaper. The tank I got for instance would have costed 348$ at the pet stores here in kamloops and I got it for 199$ in kelowna :) yay for deal shopping. So since the already big changes Hugo has been good like I said in the other message he has already grown 2" in 3 weeks.

Kashiya

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hahaha thanks augie. I am going to try next week larger crickets he is at 4week crickets and eats them two at a time so hopefully will help fill him. I also have been experimenting with guttload and find squash with his old veggies plus premium dog food and rabbit pellets has made a huge difference in his appetite I find he eats more veggies than before which saves on crickets. what does your little guy look like :)

Kashiya

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's a cutie :) it's funny how they know when they are getting their picture taken mine always poses

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is looking great & a very nice size for his age, he would actually have measured longer, as it appears that he has suffered a tail nip at some point & time & is missing a short bit of tail.

Latest posts