• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey guys I'm new to all this and just got my first beardie(:

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Lol yes, it is. She saw the male and was feeling territorial. It can mean they're angry, stressed, defensive, feel like showing off, mating... as long as they don't do that AND THEN open their mouths really wide at you you're safe.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How will i be able to tell him shes a boy or a girl? And i know its about at a year old but i need to know.
There's a great video someone posted on here. You lift up their tail at a 90 degree angle. Take a picture and post it. We can help you.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lol yes, it is. She saw the male and was feeling territorial. It can mean they're angry, stressed, defensive, feel like showing off, mating... as long as they don't do that AND THEN open their mouths really wide at you you're safe.
That means *chomp* you might get hurt.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How will i be able to tell him shes a boy or a girl? And i know its about at a year old but i need to know.
Other than I don't particularly much appreciate how he handles the BDs, although he is a very experienced breeder, this is a really good Visual on sexing.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Other than I don't particularly much appreciate how he handles the BDs, although he is a very experienced breeder, this is a really good Visual on sexing.

I just watched it and I can see the adult dragons beard turn black as night, it was like "I pitty the fool who comes near my mouth"

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
There's really no need to be that rough with them, but you get the picture. That was the video that I was talking about! Germ's awesome :D

karishmaBD

Bearded Dragon Egg
And also my baby started peeling today thats a good thing right? i should just let it fall off on its own? ans man i hope my baby is a girl:/ if not ill love him just as much. But yes about the peeling and shedding help me out please?:)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do not help by peeling it, mist it heavily with room temp water &/or give it a warm soak in water up to it's armpits when standing, let it flail around in the water for 10-15 minutes, they are accomplished swimmers by instinct & can submerge for short periods of time without issue, they inflate their body with air, like a balloon to enable them to float. The soaking will help loosen the shed.

karishmaBD

Bearded Dragon Egg
It scared me for a bit! And yey thats awesome:) i checked her tail to see her gender and it had 2 tiny little balls really close to each other but very very small. so im not sure. and she just shed her entire tail today. I just fed her i love how she loves greens she takes them from my hand and when im gone i leave some with her and its always empty. I took her a warm bath 2 nights ago i believe should i do it again?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It scared me for a bit! And yey thats awesome:) i checked her tail to see her gender and it had 2 tiny little balls really close to each other but very very small. so im not sure. and she just shed her entire tail today. I just fed her i love how she loves greens she takes them from my hand and when im gone i leave some with her and its always empty. I took her a warm bath 2 nights ago i believe should i do it again?
She'll probably be ok, it just makes the shed more comfortable. Go ahead, why not? They need a good soak 1-2 times a week anyway, and it's shedding.

Latest posts