• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey from NC!

Layla

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello Everyone!!

I'm Desirae..23yrs old, mother & wife from NC

Just picked up my 1st beardie Layla. She is a 2yr old sunburst.
No she isn't the 1st reptile we have.
Right now we have 17 snakes, 2 leopard geckos, African tree frog, & a blue-tongue skink.
I am so excited as i have been wanting one for a long time. She is just too cute & so lovable!
We have her in a 55 gallon tank with a MVB bulb with minor decor :D
So far she is loving it. Once she gets settled in I will weigh her and get some more pics!

The family we got her from feed her twice a day, crickets every other day & mice pinkies only like once every month or 2 months. He was feeding her Bok Choy, Greens & acorn squash daily. Does that menu sound great? or should i change it up a bit?

Thanks everyone & so looking forward to checking out this board & meeting everyone!

These pics were taken tonight in low light.

Picnikcollage-6.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome welcome.

where about in NC are you? I live just outside Raleigh

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello and Welcome!
Layla is beautiful.
I am from NC also. I live in Eden, near VA.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Desirae and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your beardie.

The diet sound about right. Adult dragons eat proteins 2-3 times per week and salad daily. I'll provide a link to our basic caresheet. Give it a read and let us know if you have any questions. It lists out more salad items and other proteins. Dragons need variety in their diets.

Bearded Dragon Care

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome Desirae. Layla is a real looker. Great pics and dont hesitate to ask questions if you have any

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome. I live in Huntersville for 5 years and grew up in Charlotte. You will see as your on here more I am so home sick but we can't move back there yet since as you know there are just NO jobs.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Welcome!!! Hey did I read that right that your BD was getting a pinky to eat? I thought pinkies were a no no for Beardies? Someone please advise.

Latest posts