• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey everyone!

Viv-In-A-Box

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there everyone! My name is Cory and I am new to this site although I frequent a few other online forums for bearded dragons and other reptiles.

I am an acting Co-Director of a reptile rescue called "Reptile Rescuers of the United States" http://reptile-rescue.us

I currently have 4 bearded dragons and a 5 foot long cuban rock iguana.

Beardies = Spike (German Giant male), Lemon Drop (Citrus female), Tania (Sandfire Female Juvi), and Lefty (Leatherback Hypo Juvi, handicapped)

Spike is my big boy, he's 27.75" long, 740g, has a 3.75" wide head, and we are working to certify him as the Worlds Largest Captive Bearded Dragon through the Guiness Book of World Records. After doing research long and hard, finding nothing about any larger dragons, following their requirements, that will become a reality soon. Spike was a adoption from Petco back in 2009, his former family could no longer keep him because they were moving. He is currently 5 years old.

Lemon Drop is our 18" long Citrus female. She was also adopted from a pair of girls at the University of Wisconsin in Madison who could no longer keep her in the dorm they lived in. She is 1.5 years old.

Tania is our Sandfire Female Juvi. She is only 7 months old and has some serious orange, red, and yellow coloration throughout her body. We got her off craigslist from a teenage girl who lost interest.

Lefty - our handicapped Leatherback Hypo is the new head of the house. He was neglected by his previous owner who had many baby dragons living together in one tank and were very under fed resulting in hungry dragons cannibalizing on the runts of the clutch. Lefty lost his right hand and right foot as well as 3 toes on his left foot, and about 2" of his tail. He was found in New Jersey by a rescuer in the "Reptile Rescuers of the United States" rescue organization. After finding he was in decent health, he was shipped to me in Wisconsin where he will live the rest of his life.

Glad to be part of this forum! See you guys around!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
Oh Boy....I have a Spike and I sure hope he doesn't get as big as yours. He would have no place to live in my house!! Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay....Best information on the WEB!! :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to BDF! You've got some great sounding dragons, hope to see some pics soon :D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great Pics - Thanks for Sharing

Happen to have any pics of Spike that would show a size comparison to something a standard size that is common, that we all could relate to? eg: a couple of pop or beer cans - An XBox 360 controller - an egg carton - etc.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the pics! Lemon drop looks so adorable in that blanket.

Latest posts