• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey everybody

Chadley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello,

My name's Chad. I live in VT, and I just brought a baby bearded dragon (Elliott) home two and a half weeks ago. I registered with the site because I'm interested in what you guys have to say about your Beardies...my roommates have two of them, and I love how unique all of their personalities are.

Has anybody successfully trained them in a litterbox? I've heard that it's possible, and I think it might be a fun way to bond with him.

Looking forward to reading through the forums!

Chadley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
And here's the little guy:
Elliott and Buddha.JPG

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. I have my iguana potty trained but never tried it with a BD

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine trained himself to NOT poop in his enclosure (unless utterly desperate)..Otherwise, it's on my carpet, wood flooring, or my couch. They aren't litter trainable like a cat (or an iguana or rabbit). They go where they wish to. To say that they "rule the roost" is an utter understatement (lol!).

Welcome to the site, Chad!

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
welcome to the site Chad! Never occurred to me to litter train him~ I would be afraid of him eating the litter! Mine licks Everything!!
the last time that we had a litter box, the litter was quite dusty-which would be another concern for me; that was a few years ago, so maybe its changed since then.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yoda normally goes in his food dish or water dish, sometimes l'm lucky and he just goes near them. I cut up an old place mat and put it under his food dish and "most" of the time he goes there so it's easier to clean..
WELCOME!!

Latest posts