• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey :D

Chubbyb

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys long time no talk hope everyone is ok. But i recently ran into some extra cash and I want to spend it on my beardie's enclosure right now his enclosure is extremely boring and now he is starting to dig. Any suggestions you guy have for me will be very appreciated, I come to a blank when i want to add things to his enclosure. Right now I only put tile a basking spot and a hammock

imag0567.jpg

He wanted to say hello to you guys :D
imag0569n.jpg

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He's looking good Chubbyb:) Here is one suggestion.
I see that your UV fixture is mounted in the center of his enclosure and his basking perch is over to the side. I am assuming that you did it that way to make it easier for him to get to his hammock. However most of the UV from your UV light is emitted from the center portion of the UV bulb and actually very little comes out of the ends. So the way you have things setup now he is getting very little if any UV.
Why not use your extra money and find a really nice new basking perch which you can setup so that it is inline with the center of the UV light and move his basking light over to center as well so that they are both shining down on the basking perch. That way you can make sure he is getting the UV he requires.
And you can leave his old perch where it is so that he still has a way to get up to his hammock.:)

That would be a great way to start his new decor!
Enjoy!!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks! We came close to losing him from the Coccidia break out but he has come through it and getting stronger by the day! His Live Cam will be up and Live again starting tomorrow morning at 7am eastern:) You might wanna come by and check it out as his enclosure has had some major changes to it's decor and might give you some more ideas for you lil dragon's house!

Have a good one and don't be such a stranger:)

Latest posts