• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey all, I'm back! ~Random

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey guys, Long story made short, Our computer crashed and it took me ages to find these forums again!

I have a lot to tell you about Spike and me! ^^

He isn't fully an adult yet, But he's showing signs up being male and growing older. He's starting to sit lazily under his light with his mouth open, I think it's called gaping. Anyway, We actually fed him something else instead of his favorite food, Dandelion greens. Carrots, Cabbage, lettuce, bannana, and strawberries.

It takes him forever to chew cabbage, He usually eats arround carrots, Lettuce looks like dandelion greens so it's first to land in his little tummy, He was hesitant at first but when he tried a bannana, he loved it so much he ate faster and bit my finger three times! (I usually handfeed him, he likes being handfed.) And strawberries? all he did was lick it. xD

Me and my mother looked into his mouth while he was gaping one day, And we were way suprised that our (Or my ;)) little Spikey had teeth! All you see were little white specks that line his mouth. No wonder I felt a bit of pressure when he would always accidentally bite me! How are you guys, and how are your beardies? Anything change while I was gone?

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
randomracoon222 said:
He's starting to sit lazily under his light with his mouth open, I think it's called gaping.

That is actually how they regulate their temperature. You will see them do it often especially when trying to find a spot in the tank.

I also have a screen cage that I use to take mine outside from time to time and he does it a lot more out there. That is where you can also see them turn real dark to absorb the natural sunlight.

As far as the teeth, oh yeah! My wife was feeding ours once and it took that crazy little chomp that they take and accidentally caught the end of her finger. She bled for an hour!

Glad to see you back.

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Before I was born, My parents used to have a pet Iguana, and how my sister was describing it to me, It sounded like a spawn of Satan! It would constantly bite. Snap! Snap! Snap! It was like a little crocodile. They decided to get rid of it, They sold it to some Mexicans. xDD

Spike grew up real fast! We need to get a bigger cage for him soon. And does eating their own shedded skin harm them? I caught Spike gulping down some of his skin, and I scooped the rest out before he could eat anymore. I have a feeling spikey is turning into a cannibal, But isn't that how most reptiles are? xD

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey and welcome back! I'm sorry your PC crashed and it took you a bit of time to find us. Since we are a new forum, it is taking awhile to get us indexed with Google. But I think the forum is taking off and we have had great folks out there join our forum!

What kind of lettuce are you feeding Spike?

As far as new stuff, we've had a few new members who have posted interesting posts and adorable pics of their beardies. Have fun getting caught up. And we are still waiting on your comics....

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Eheh.... About the comics....

Is it ok to say that I got lazy ever since the crash? ^^;;

And about the lettuce... It's just that packaged salad stuff. I'm not sure what kind of lettuce it is. xD

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Anyway, We decided on the name 'spike' because my mom though 'S.J' is too gey. xP

But i'm still gonna call him S.J, and all the other nicknames.

Guy, Little guy, Buddy, Bud, Lil' bud, Chubby, and Hyper. xD

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey randomracoon. Just a quick note that if you ever do loose us again, if you can remember beardeddragonforum.com, you will be taken right back to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts