• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He's missing his worms when he tries to eat them!!!

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I need help! My 5 yr. Old beardie "Biscuit " is acting like he can't focus on the prey items , he keeps going for them but is over reaching!! PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• 20230502_193842.jpg
    20230502_193842.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230427_151118.jpg
    20230427_151118.jpg
    962.1 KB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I need help! My 5 yr. Old beardie "Biscuit " is acting like he can't focus on the prey items , he keeps going for them but is over reaching!! PLEASE HELP
I am going thru the same thing w/ my almost 4 year old- I had him into the vet a few weeks ago and Blaze has a cataract in right eye and the lens in left is abnormal - he was trying to eat as well the insects and kept missing them but eventually started scooping them up now he wont even try - at first I thought maybe the pin worms was effecting the appetite w/ the meds so I wasnt sure what exactly was going on but hes been off the meds now for almost 2 weeks- I have been syringe feeding him every other day and still using a plate for his salads instead of a bowl trying to get him to eat on his own again- my vet thinks he might possibly have melanoma in the right eye- she had sent pics off to a ophthalmologist in St Paul that sees rabbits- they agreed to see him and said the same thing about the right eye and the left they are thinking he has octaviates meaning inflammation behind the cornea - possible treatment a steroid drop- I am going to start w/ a full blood work panel on him and go from there I want to see if there are other factors going on here - I explored genetics w/ the breeder that I got him from but this seems to be onset w/ him - so advice I would get him into an a reptile vet www.arav.og type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you in you are in a small area - my vet is very good comes w/ recommendations and she is stumped that is why she reached out to the ophthalmologist -- please watch the weight -- I am weighing Blaze every week and he is not losing weight -- he is navigating his tank very well - I can only help w/ what I know for now - is Biscuit eating salads and just having issues w/ the insects?

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
When an animal has trouble seeing his food it helps if you put the food up against a wall of the enclosure so when he bites at it it doesn't move away from him.

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am going thru the same thing w/ my almost 4 year old- I had him into the vet a few weeks ago and Blaze has a cataract in right eye and the lens in left is abnormal - he was trying to eat as well the insects and kept missing them but eventually started scooping them up now he wont even try - at first I thought maybe the pin worms was effecting the appetite w/ the meds so I wasnt sure what exactly was going on but hes been off the meds now for almost 2 weeks- I have been syringe feeding him every other day and still using a plate for his salads instead of a bowl trying to get him to eat on his own again- my vet thinks he might possibly have melanoma in the right eye- she had sent pics off to a ophthalmologist in St Paul that sees rabbits- they agreed to see him and said the same thing about the right eye and the left they are thinking he has octaviates meaning inflammation behind the cornea - possible treatment a steroid drop- I am going to start w/ a full blood work panel on him and go from there I want to see if there are other factors going on here - I explored genetics w/ the breeder that I got him from but this seems to be onset w/ him - so advice I would get him into an a reptile vet www.arav.og type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you in you are in a small area - my vet is very good comes w/ recommendations and she is stumped that is why she reached out to the ophthalmologist -- please watch the weight -- I am weighing Blaze every week and he is not losing weight -- he is navigating his tank very well - I can only help w/ what I know for now - is Biscuit eating salads and just having issues w/ the insects?
He has been off salads for a couple years. I have to feed him Repashy beardie buffet. Thanks for your help!!