• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heres my New Baby Beardie and Habitat

switchitup813

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
His name is Yoshi. (I hope its a him ). He is about 5 weeks old and around 5 and half inches long. Also, i dont feed alot of mini mealies. just put a few mixed with salad. I mainly feed crickets.
And Here are some pics of his 40g Breeder habitat. He is sleeping up at the top of the log on his hammock if you can see him. His basking temp is around 110. That empty bowl is for salad and mini mealworms. I use a 24 inch reptisun 10 tube and that foil you see is my homemade reflector. I can use any advice to make this cage better. Thank You

7-15-09007.jpg

7-15-09006.jpg

7-15-09020.jpg

7-15-09019.jpg

7-15-09025.jpg

7-15-09026.jpg

7-15-09027.jpg

7-15-09029.jpg

7-15-09030.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! And what a cutie he is.

I know this is not an answer to your habitat questions, but I would stop the mini-mealworms. Their outer shell is difficult to break down, especially for a dragon so young. Stick with crickets for now. Make sure they are no larger than the space between his eyes. That holds true for his salad too. Ensure that all pieces are no larger than the space between his eyes.

As far as your setup, sounds good. I'm not sure of the reason for the foil. I've never heard of it. You may want to consider a log or some other structure for him to go under when he needs to cool off. What is your cool side temp?

The papertowels are a good choice for now. When you have a permanent viv, you may consider tiles or shelf liner. Both are easy to clean up and don't harbor bacteria.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've actually used foil as a reflector, on salt water tanks, so I know it works. Though if crinkled, not so good.
Janie.

Latest posts