• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Here I go again !!!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so little miss Harley has been on her log for 2 days now, not eating and turning an awful color of grey...no chasing crickets or even eating her favortie blueberries or butternut swash...I know we went through this before...but I do not like when she is not acting normal!

She is pooping everyother day...in her baths..I have attached pics for you to see...

any advise welcome..

Thanks....a worried mom !!!
harley.jpg

harley1.jpg

harley2.jpg

harley3.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Laurie. It is worrisome when they stop eating and such. The gray coloring is most likely Harley getting ready to shed. They do tend to slow down their diet when a shed is happening. And basking a lot. Is her log in the basking area?

Another possible thing could be an ovulation period. Remember our vet told us that they slow down when ovulation occurs?

Is she getting fluids other than her bath?

I would keep up the baths and keep an eye on her.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all,

To answer your questions,

Rene, yes her log is her basking area, we have been hand feeding her what she will take and spraying her with water for extra moisture.

Brian, yes she has been digging that is why when we put down the tile we left half of her tank with beach sand....she tends to like it..

Janie, we where told when we rescued her that she was defiantly a boy, until our vet told us otherwise....so I can relate to this ;D

We will keep a very close eye on her and if this does continue then we will take her to the vet...on a long weekend....this will hurt the pocket book for sure !!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought her belly was a bit large too, but does not appear lumpy in the pics. Laurie, do you feel anything egg like in there when you rub her belly? Usually you can feel the eggs when a female is gravid. If say, you can discard the eggs after she lays them. I'm assuming she has not been around another male.

If you do not feel any eggs and Harley still looks bloated for more than a week, then she may be going through an instinctual thing and start excessivly digging which will men she wants to lay.

As far as the not eating, if you don't feel any eggs, she may be a little bored with her food. You may want to try other things and switch it up.

Keep us updated.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have never had a female that i could feel the eggs in until it was a day or two before she laid. It would depend greatly on the Size of your dragon as if she is fed well you may not detect the eggs until they drop. if you setup a lay box for her and keep it ready for if she gets frantic on the digging you wont need the vet. Now if she isnt gravid (which if she is off food you should know if she is going to lay within a few days) then you need the vet. She could be impacted or have a parasite of some type.

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Has the dragon always been that over weight? What are her basking temps? How old is she?

If she is not gravid, I would worry about her weight. You don't want to fast her. You want to increase her basking temp options so she can boost her metabolism. Continue to feed her, but not as much as before. If she fasts, her liver could be flooded by more fat than can be utilized and devolop fatty liver.

Even if she has parasites, under good conditions it shouldn't affect her health. I'd get a vet check and then adjust your husbandry. Good luck!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you all,

She is doing a little better, she has eaten some greens and had about 15 crickets, she has had 2 poops and her belly has gone down some.

Rene, I do not feel anything inside her belly it is just mushy with a hard ball near the tail...and no she has not been around any males ;D

The Virus, according to our vet she is the perfect size for her estimated age which is almost 2 yrs, when we rescued her they told us that she was just turning a year...which kind of shows what kind of owners they where ! Her basking temps are 105 and I will defiantly try some of your suggestions...Thanks.

Brian she has been digging and seems out of sorts, now if half of her tank is beach sand do I still need to set up a lay box?

We are just letting her be right now, she is eating but still rather docile....I will keep you all update.

Laurie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to see her appetite is picking back up. Keep us updated!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you should setup a lay box because of the security they get from being in one. They prefer to have a area that they can literally bury themself in and lay their eggs.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi Rene,

She is doing much better, still acting odd, we took her to the vet and will have any results back this afternoon, he also thought she might be gravid, no eggs to be laid.

She is eating and being very social which is a nice change !!

Once we rule out any parasites I will feel much better !

I will keep you updated.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like good news. Let us know what the test results are....

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh so sorry for not posting...yes all was negitive ;D she apparently is in perfect health and he is really impressed with her progress.

I simply said that if it wasn't for this forum Harley would probally not be alive...he wanted me to say "good job" to all involved in her progress !!!!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Slowly but surely, she totally pigged out last night on her greens and swash....it was a wonderful site !!

Latest posts