• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Helping Gain Weight?

stella knoop

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! My little beardie is about 6-7 months now, and I noticed he had a lot of excess skin, if you know what I mean. He seems very skinny, however he eats like a maniac. xD He is always eating, so do you guys know anything that can help him gain weight pretty quick? Thanks!

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Have you had a vet visit to rule out internal parasites? The vet can do a fecal test to be sure. What foods are you feeding?

stella knoop

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am feeding crickets, mealworms, waxworms, strawberries, greens, etc and the omnivore food mix that has dried veggies and bugs you get from pet stores. they are all slightly dusted with calcium d3. and also, we have no exotic vets near us or at least any that I know of.

stella knoop

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.53.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.53.33 AM.png
    272.3 KB · Views: 35

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Cant really tell if his belly is plump, but I do see the access skin you were referring to. Hows his water intake?

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Try giving his a couple of wax worms to help him gain some weight. But keep in mind this should be going as a treat. Some people are against this but I have heard of people feedind pinky mice too to help put on weight, I would also take him to the vet and get a fecal test done to rule out parasites.

Blueberry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Really needs a vet to assess. Internal parasites are definitely a top candidate. An annual vet check up is a part of good husbandry practices. Best to find one anyway since he will need one during his life. Now is a g
reat time to start.