• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Helped a baby dragon today

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was at Petsmart today in hopes of finding something I liked, of course did not. There was a women buying her son a baby dragon. It was a tiny baby maybe 4 weeks old. I heard the rep say let me go get you some crickets and mealworms. The woman was walking past and I could not help but stop her and ask her to please not feed the worms to the baby. I gave her a couple of quick feeding tips and this website. I also warned her of the mass amounts of crickets babies eat. She was very eager to dig a pen and paper out of her purse, take a couple of notes, write down this website and thanked me for the advise. She said she will be reading more about them once she gets home. I was very please when the girl got back with the worms she told her she would not be needing them but did take some crickets to hold over the baby until she orders some crickets. I was relieved to see she cared about the well being of the baby and said she would be doing her own research and not take the word of the rep for gold.

When we got in the car my husband said I made the rep feel like crap. I don't care how the rep feels I care about the baby dragon.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hats off to you Sandra! That is a great story. And maybe the sales rep should have taken some notes for the other babies he will be selling. Hope all goes well with her and we see her on the site!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent job . . well done

One less baby to worry about out there

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wish I had a thumbs up to give you!!!! I have done the same thing!!! Not trying to look like a know-it-all but I tell them about Yosh in the hopes that they take it to heart!!!

You earned yourself a cookie!!! ;)

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have done that too. Took Lola with me on a cricket run and to see her auntie Sara and a lady was looking at reptiles. The boy wanted an iguana, and I showed her the baby beardies and Lola and explained why beardies made great pets, especially for houses with kids. She was quite intriqued that I would bring a lizard into a store, but also how laid back Lola was when her son held her.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stephanie is a Rockstar said:
I have done that too. Took Lola with me on a cricket run and to see her auntie Sara and a lady was looking at reptiles. The boy wanted an iguana, and I showed her the baby beardies and Lola and explained why beardies made great pets, especially for houses with kids. She was quite intriqued that I would bring a lizard into a store, but also how laid back Lola was when her son held her.

VERY good move....especially regarding the iguana. I should take Frodo or Sam with me to the pet store sometime. Never really considered it.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i love it when the shops are givin bad info and care and someone steps in and goes whooooaa what you doin you dont do it like that do it like this it shows the shop workers true knowledge of the speicies they tryin to sell, congrats ;D

paul

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
Stephanie is a Rockstar said:

VERY good move....especially regarding the iguana. I should take Frodo or Sam with me to the pet store sometime. Never really considered it.

Lola loves the car ride (heated seats actually). Its neat to see peoples reactions to a lizard on a leash on your shoulder, lol

Latest posts