• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help :/

AshleyMac

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
can anyone help me out here? i've been looking at photos about sexing bearded dragons and now i dont know what honey really is. i took 2 pictures of her/him, maybe someone could tell me if it's too early to tell or if honey is male or female...

ps- here's honey at 2 months old

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The photos you provided really do not help much with sexing. what you are looking for is the presence of hemi-penal bulges. Like in the photo below
male.jpg

You can hold your dragon flat in your hand with your thumb on top of the body at the base of the tail and bend the tail up until you feel slight resistance. At this point you should be able to see bulges that look like the picture above if honey is a male. (if you can not deceipher if there are bulges or now you can twist the tail lightly in your hand which if honey is a male will expose the bulge on each side).

Now if honey is a female when you do the process i described above you should either no bulge or a indention
good luck

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think it is very hard to sex one so young. It may be more obvious as Honey matures.

Latest posts