• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help

chris67

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have had my bearded dragon two weeks he is eleven months old the person i have got him from has him on a basking light ubv thingy the thing im not sure about is the red light he has had this set up since he was eight weeks so do i keep it this way or change it help

Carla0593

Bearded Dragon Egg
To me that sounds like a setup for a gecko. Don't think bearded dragons have a red light. Is it a night light? If so iv heard there for geckos. UVB bulbs don't produce heat from what im aware of. Id say change it. Get a UV bulb and heat bulb unless the one you have produces both but id say get rid of red light.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What size enclosure do you have? What is your Day/Night lighting schedule? Exactly what type & strength of bulbs are you using?
Please post pics of your setup, showing the orientation of your lighting in relation to the basking spot & the rest of the enclosure. Also, please give as much info as you can about the setup, such as, enclosure size, Substrate, type of thermometers that you use to measure your temps, exactly where you measure them & what the temps are, type, brand & strength of UVB Bulb, etc. This will give the other members a 'feel' for your setup & help to pinpoint if there are any other obvious reasons for this behavior.

Good Luck
A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

NBLD

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our setup came with a UVB, heat light and night time red light. Our beardie doesn't seem to like the red light, and the desert becomes cooler in the evening anyway, so we stopped using it. She's sleeping more soundly now and her internal clock seems to be better.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Night lights of any color will bother most BDs sleep. BDs should be allowed to cool off at night, it slows the metabolism down for a good nights rest. Should night heat be absolutely necessary because the ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60S F, a CHE (Ceramic Heat Emitter) with an inline dimmer or thermostat should be used, as it provides heat with no emitted light.

chris67

Bearded Dragon Egg
the red light is a night light and heater my daughter has dragons and she has the same set up my viv is four foot

chris67

Bearded Dragon Egg
i cant post picture at the momment but the red light is one side the basking light the other side the uvb thingy is the full lenght of the viv the red light is 12 in away from the dragon the basking is ten in away from dragon and the ub thingis always 12 in above the lowest the dragon can be hope this helps he is very healthy looking if not a bit over weight he is younger then my daughters but is a lot chunckier he has part of his tail is missing and he has some toes missing but they seem to have been done a long time ago

Latest posts