• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has recently stopped having regular bowel movement ever since I had switched him to dubia roaches. I have to bath him so he can poop. Then he has been hiding more and basking less. I'm nervous otherwise he is eating normal and my usual spoiled boy. Any info will help!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has recently stopped having regular bowel movement ever since I had switched him to dubia roaches. I have to bath him so he can poop. Then he has been hiding more and basking less. I'm nervous otherwise he is eating normal and my usual spoiled boy. Any info will help!

Also to touch on this his stool comes out in pieces and you can see parts of the dubia roach

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Double check your basking temps and make sure they are warm enough. Also make sure your Dubia are appropriate sized. They shouldn’t be any bigger than the space between your dragons eyes.

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
Double check your basking temps and make sure they are warm enough. Also make sure your Dubia are appropriate sized. They shouldn’t be any bigger than the space between your dragons eyes.
Basking temp is always at 100 dubias are the correct size!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

How old is your dragon? bowel habits change as they get older and they can stop pooping every day and some only poop 1-2 a week. Both of mine refuse to poop in their tanks and only go when I put them in their bath.

shelbyk13

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is your dragon? bowel habits change as they get older and they can stop pooping every day and some only poop 1-2 a week. Both of mine refuse to poop in their tanks and only go when I put them in their bath.
He is about 9 months old now!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
9 months is still young. Temps should be 107-110. Adult dragons (18+ months) should bask around 100.

Latest posts