• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help

Jack Reeman

Hatchling Dragon
Hi,

I am in need of some advice!

Spyro, well it turns out he is actually a she, although i was SURE she was a male.

Anyway, she has been going mental from dawn to dusk, hyper as hell and digging the sand constantly, also scratching at the walls. I checked the temps with a heat gun and they seem to be fine. She has also been laying eggs all over the viv, very strange as I thought they laid in a certain place. Also she has been expelling clear fluid from her bum and nothing else, no poop.

She has been eating fine and other then the above, nothing seems untowards.

I have always had male beardies, and have done so to avoid this exact problem.

Can someone explain what on earth is going on? Im due to be taking her to the vets soon, because i was a little concerned.

All help appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jack Reeman

Hatchling Dragon
Right, so I brainstormed and realised that dry sand currently in the viv was making it impossible for her to make a pit. So i wetted the soil and after about 20 minutes she started digging and laid a clutch of eggs.

Im such a dummy... well crisis avoided now!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry it was a bit hectic at first.. Well what I would suggest is having a lay box for when she starts to look like she's going to lay eggs. You now know what behavior she does prior :) and since she's laid eggs you need to replenish the calcium she's lost to the eggs so increase that for a bit to help her..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome to the wonderful world of female bearded dragons! Sounds like you did good. I have yet to experience this egg laying thing. Dexter is 3 1/2 and still hasn't blessed me yet. She can hold off on it for all I care! Also, for as hormonal as Luci is, he has not had any problems with sperm plugs. I've found questionable spots of liquid in his tank but no plugs. Now my evil chameleon, likes to walk around with them sticking out of his bottom so I have to take a q-tip and clean them out!

Gotta love them!

Latest posts