• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Okay so I have an Exo Terra Sun Glo Neodymium Basking Spot Lamp (BULB). This is all I use for my beardies. Is this the correct bulb I'm supposed to be using?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks for the info! Okay, so, this might be a stupid question but.... what do I attach that bulb to? I've never knew or learned about these kinds of bulbs so..... :S

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any flourescent fixture. If you have a local homedepot or lowes you can find them there far cheaper than you can via a pet store. Track down one and then order your bulb. But it is important to get him that bulb as soon as possible.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ohh okay I know those! Lol :p Those are just like those Terrarium Hoods you can get at pet stores, correct? (But more expensive?!) Could you give me a price range I'll be spending for the fixture + bulb? I'm not going to order the bulb online, I'm just going to go to a local pet store. :)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you buy that bulb at a local pet store i can promise it will be 2-3 times more expensive.
and flourescent fixtures at home depot start at around 10 bux. Terrarium hoods at a pet store start at around 30

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Okay so I noticed on that link you gave me to that store online, there are different watts for each. Which one would I need?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the wattage goes up with the length how long is your tank? You want your light to cover 2/3rds of your tank.

Latest posts