• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

Sidthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi can anyone help? My bearded dragons lower belly is getting quite large? Like by his back legs? (We think he is male but were not really sure, there's no sights of either) It's just started doing it over the last week and we haven't changed his food routine?! We were always told if he looks wrinkley he's skinny? But he looks wrinkly with a massive lower belly?! Any ideas what it could be?! Thankyou!?

Sidthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's eating fine. Eats about 24-30 crickets a day, always has.. He's pooping fine too?! He's very active and is running around a lot, and keeps digging everything.. Spends a lot of time in the cool side too?!

Sidthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 63

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks like he's just getting big and healthy :) My boy has a large belly too and there are lots of times I wonder if there is something else going on with him but like yours he's eating, pooping and running around like a mad man.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sid looks good to me. my skinny little guy (my avatar) has a belly, too, when he's just hangin. my girl (a retired breeder) always has a belly - kinda like PatsyB's

Sidthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you, just scared us because it just grew bigger and bigger but he looks really skinny in himself? I will try get a photo next time it looks at it's biggest. It's weird because it feels kinda lumpy too if he lies flat on you? maybe he's just a greedy bum.. Thankyou!

Sidthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi; Is it possible he is a she and has eggs. Try putting in a sand box and if you find eggs maybe a female; Just a thought-river-7
We have seriously thought this one through, as he/she is digging a lot, and has grown the belly over time? She/he was with a mate when we got him, but has been apart about a month now?

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sounds like a female-try the sand box but you will have to research the type to use for her, and if she was with a male it is more then likely eggs but time will tell-river-7

Sidthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ah okay. She is being taken to the vet this week for a routine check up anyway. So will find out if male or female there. Were told he was a male but the shop was a bit dodgy. Will put a sand box in tonight.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He doe's look very large but I think he is just a good eater as his tail is very large as well-good eater-I would not worry let your vet check him and then you will know for sure-good luck update us after visit to vet. river-7

Sidthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's been to the vet. He's a male and it's baby weight. Vet said he was the healthiest he's seen in a while! Even if he did poo all over the bench! Oops! Sid hates us now tho!

Latest posts