• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help With My Bearded Dragon's Movements

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LADY'S ROOM PICTURES 009.JPG LADY'S ROOM PICTURES 001.JPG LADY'S ROOM PICTURES 002.JPG LADY'S ROOM PICTURES 003.JPG LADY'S ROOM PICTURES 001.JPG
My Bearded Dragon is about three years old now and there has never been a problem with her Bowel Movements. She is always uncomfortable, trying to get out of her terrarium before she finally goes.

I have seen on You Tube, some owners actually training their Beardies to go to the Bathroom in the bathroom of their own apartments. Now, some have trained their Beardies' to go in the toilet, but this particular video shows that she will only go if no one is looking, and behind the Bathroom's door. It is absolutely adorable.

Well, of late, my B.D. has been going on whatever she is laying on, sometimes when she is sleeping. That worries me a lot as some older human's lose the function of their muscles in the bowel area and can't control their movements.

Well, when I am in a hurry, and have to go to work, I don't have the time to clean her up plus whatever is affected.

You know that I indeed have to stay because I could not let her in that environment or be soiled the whole day.

I am going to try to upload the pictures of where she perches the whole day as well as the open area of her terrarium.

Please look at the images I took of where she sits and the areas where all the feces can go, after she goes of course, especially if they are loose. Does anyone know how I can train her where to go to the bathroom? Remember, I am out to work the whole day. Thank you in advance.

I am sorry if the images are too large. It's my first time uploading anything on the boards.

Attachments

• LADY'S ROOM PICTURES 006.JPG
    LADY'S ROOM PICTURES 006.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think it's very hard to train them to go in one spot. My boy will go in the same area of his tank but I can never tell what spot and most times I put a paper towel down only for him to go 1/2 inch away. If I was you my main worry would be that she poops in her sleep, I think I would take her to the vet to make sure that she is okay.

lazer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am pretty sure that I gave her two days straight of laxatives because she never goes. It was all over the place and mostly loose. Since then, she goes almost every day but it is dry now almost after every time I feed her.

Latest posts