• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with greens

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Sooooo Cleo has started to hate crickets and will only eat greens. She's only about 5-6 months old. Is this bad? or good? Idk D:

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Only about 3 days :x I try to give them to her but she just wont have them so I have to scoop them out every night

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's common for them to periodically go off their food, at least she's eating the greens. A few more days (3-4) & if she still won't touch them, then I would consider trying alternative prey. If you try worms, be careful not to feed them for too long as their staple food, they have a tendency to become 'worm spoiled' & can sometimes be very difficult to get them to go back to crix or other prey. The majority of worms have a much higher fat content.

Good Luck

Pat B

Super Moderator
Spike hasn't eaten anything for 2 days now. Although he had a big poo today. No greens, no worms, no crix, no nothing. I offer and if he doesn't eat then I am going to 'assume' he isn't hungry?? Even tried to give him some water and he had the mouth sealed tight....no way was he going to have any water. I don't think he is shedding.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
She's eating crix now and greens. I know you're supposed to offer greens everyday but she always eats some of her greens. does this throw off thepercentage of insects to greens? Or should I not mind her eating some greens but mostly crix?

Pat B

Super Moderator
My personal opinion....I never worry what my Spike will eat or not eat. I offer him greens/fruit everyday and crix or mealies. If he eats....he eats. Spike doesn't really like greens/fruit. Maybe he is too young yet....I don't know....but he loves mealies and crix!! :cool:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Percentage Ratio is a silly Ball Park figure that someone thought up. Just exactly how are you supposed to figure out a ratio between prey & veggies, By weight? By Volume? By ???? What. It's one of those things that so many people quote, but no one can tell you how. I let them decide what they want to eat, I offer both, they know what they need & want a heck of a lot better than we do. ;) As they get older they just start to eat more Veggies & less Prey naturally. Once they are 13-15 months old you can just offer prey every other day, at about 2 years, 2-3 times a week. That's just what I do.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Ok awesome!! yeah cuz she started eating her crix again and she'll finish some greens oh man does she love her collards. she gets mad if i serve them a little late! haha

John

Bearded Dragon Egg
Emmily, my BD's are oppositthey dont eat greens, but love crix's still put greens in for them, but as someone said, I figured they know what they want and will eat it if they want.

Pat B

Super Moderator
My beardie is about 6 months old and eats very little greens. I give him fruits/vegetables every day and he still turns up his nose. Loves crix and mealies....:rolleyes:

Latest posts