• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help With Adult Feeding Routine

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I am considering getting an adult beardie sometime next year, so I drafted a feeding plan. Could someone please check it over and let me know if I need to make changes? Thanks.

Sunday:
-Salad made with kale
Monday:
-Salad made with kale and cucumber
-20 adult crickets
Tuesday:
-Salad made with kale

Wednesday:
-salad made with kale and carrots
-20 adult crickets

Thursday:
-Salad made with kale

Friday:
-Salad made with kale
-20 adult crickets

Saturday:
-Salad made with kale and peeled apple

All crickets will be gut-loaded with cricket food and supplemented with calcium. A few times a week they will also get a multivitamin. However, I did read that it isn't necessary to supplement an adult's crickets, but I've also heard you should. Can someone clear this up?
He will also recieve the occasional treat (strawberry, etc)
Salads will be misted with water.
I'm not sure what to do, please help!

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i think it looks good but the veg you’re planning to use should be changed. kale carrots and cucumbers can all cause problems for your beardie. i recommend collard greens, endive, and/or mustard greens for greens. for veggies you can provide yellow squash, bell peppers, and other types of squash.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am considering getting an adult beardie sometime next year, so I drafted a feeding plan. Could someone please check it over and let me know if I need to make changes? Thanks.

Sunday:
-Salad made with kale
Monday:
-Salad made with kale and cucumber
-20 adult crickets
Tuesday:
-Salad made with kale

Wednesday:
-salad made with kale and carrots
-20 adult crickets

Thursday:
-Salad made with kale

Friday:
-Salad made with kale
-20 adult crickets

Saturday:
-Salad made with kale and peeled apple

All crickets will be gut-loaded with cricket food and supplemented with calcium. A few times a week they will also get a multivitamin. However, I did read that it isn't necessary to supplement an adult's crickets, but I've also heard you should. Can someone clear this up?
He will also recieve the occasional treat (strawberry, etc)
Salads will be misted with water.
I'm not sure what to do, please help!
That sounds like a really good plan! I would feed the veggies first so he doesn’t get hung up on veggies!