• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help Weird Poo!!

Focamino

Bearded Dragon Egg
View attachment 18016 View attachment 18017 View attachment 18018 View attachment 18019 Iggy (9-10 month old) has had two of these come out of her. Looking exactly like this. With no poop around it. She also has not had an appetite at all. Actually hasnt eaten barley at all. She flings her greens out of her dish all over her tank. Also stays up in her hammock a lot. Has not shown any weight loss at all... I thought maybe she was brumating but now she's pooping these out. Any help would be awesome thanks.

Attachments

• 25875.jpeg
    25875.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180314_164742.jpg
    20180314_164742.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180314_164722.jpg
    20180314_164722.jpg
    827.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20180314_164734.jpg
    20180314_164734.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 34

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A vet check wouldn't hurt her. She's just passing urate which happens occasionally but she should still be pooping if she is eating at least something.

Especially if she is a female and she is not eating, you want to make sure everything is okay with her reproductive organs even if you aren't going to breed her. Lots of females become gravid with infertile eggs and sometimes they can cause issues. So I would do a vet visit and have bloodwork done to establish a baseline so that when she does get older and issues come up, the vet has something to look back to.

Focamino

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was thinking of atleast giving the vet a call if she passed another one of those. So basically that could possibly be infertile eggs she's passing? The orangeish yellowish part of it is what scares me alil.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was thinking of atleast giving the vet a call if she passed another one of those. So basically that could possibly be infertile eggs she's passing? The orangeish yellowish part of it is what scares me alil.
just looks like urate that she is passing and the darker yellow/orange is a sign of either to much calcium or dehydration.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No that’s def urate she is passing not eggs.

Focamino

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the help! If her next stool is like that after she ate for the first time in awhile I'm taking her to the vet. My other concern is the top of her head... It has looked like this for a couple months now. I thought it was going to shed soon but it has not. Not to sure what is going on.20180316_173541.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the help! If her next stool is like that after she ate for the first time in awhile I'm taking her to the vet. My other concern is the top of her head... It has looked like this for a couple months now. I thought it was going to shed soon but it has not. Not to sure what is going on.View attachment 18040
Her head looks totally normal what about it concerns you?? the pattern or the coloration variation?
once she eats a few meals and then poops a time or two then look at if she needs to be seen.. the first poop after she eats may look funny dryish the urate still may be yellowish..

Focamino

Bearded Dragon Egg
Guess I'm a new paranoid dragon owner! Its winter so could be the reason shes been acting so weird. She's eaten a couple of supers the past two days so just waiting to see what happens when she poops. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts