• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Weird Dark Marks

FatherFart

Bearded Dragon Egg
Help! I just rescued Carl from a local family and have noticed these small dark raised marks on him. Any idea what these might be? He doesn't seem bothered when I touch it and his eating and energy are normal!

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 5
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Help! I just rescued Carl from a local family and have noticed these small dark raised marks on him. Any idea what these might be? He doesn't seem bothered when I touch it and his eating and energy are normal!
Those look like burn marks- how close is he to the basking bulb and what are the surface basking temps-- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 95-100 - please get some raw unfiltered honey on it - no crickets in the tank please

FatherFart

Bearded Dragon Egg
Those look like burn marks- how close is he to the basking bulb and what are the surface basking temps-- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 95-100 - please get some raw unfiltered honey on it - no crickets in the tank please
No crickets!! I literally got him yesterday from his previous owners and have never seen anything like it before. Thanks! Temps are accurate in my current set up for him. Thinking his previous owners had him in a poor set up:/

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No crickets!! I literally got him yesterday from his previous owners and have never seen anything like it before. Thanks! Temps are accurate in my current set up for him. Thinking his previous owners had him in a poor set up:/
Please go over your uvb your using- No coils please-- they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues- I have some one looking at the sores as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please go over your uvb your using- No coils please-- they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues- I have some one looking at the sores as well
They got back w/ me here is what she has said
Almost like cigarette burns but likely [ hopefully ] not. Could be spots of fungus. Raw unpasteurized honey would be a good choice to dab on there. Maybe a warm soak every 3-4 days in water/betadine mix [ 1 part betadine to 10 parts water ] to disinfect + kill bacteria. After he's totally dry apply more honey. See how that does but as with anything , if it gets worse see a vet.

FatherFart

Bearded Dragon Egg
They got back w/ me here is what she has said
Almost like cigarette burns but likely [ hopefully ] not. Could be spots of fungus. Raw unpasteurized honey would be a good choice to dab on there. Maybe a warm soak every 3-4 days in water/betadine mix [ 1 part betadine to 10 parts water ] to disinfect + kill bacteria. After he's totally dry apply more honey. See how that does but as with anything , if it gets worse see a vet.
thank you so much, yeah no kidding hopefully not. Ill follow your advise and just set up a vet appointment for him next week

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thank you so much, yeah no kidding hopefully not. Ill follow your advise and just set up a vet appointment for him next week
NO ENEMAS if you take him in - they can end badly- please go over the set up for your tank--

Latest posts