• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!! Turns out Dragon is a girl

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone. Well Dragong layed at least 14 eggs today. I have not the slightest idea how to keep them alive. I'm still a newbie with the adult and now eggs. Any advice would be extremely helpful. I'm goning to be up all night doing a lot of research

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
has she ever been with a male dragon? if not then the eggs are infertile and you can toss them out as they will not grow into anything and are not alive.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She was housed with 2 other dragons at the pet store. No idea on the sex. The eggs are a pinkish color

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my suggestion for this run around would be to freeze the eggs and then toss them. Then once she starts showing again we can get everything setup for you. but honestly the eggs are probably already gone at this point.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow I cannot even imagine !!

Hope all turns out and your beardie is fine...oh and yourself as well...

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so throwing them out is the best bet then? I also need advice on how to fatten Dragon up again. She is very thin now that she layed all those eggs. I started her on superworms yeasterday. How many should I be feeding her tho? And should I still give crickets? Do i let her eat as much as she wants or do i have to slowly build her back up like a skinny dog?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i dont hold my females back after laying. I pretty much let them eat as much as they want for about 2-3 weeks after laying. Also nice long warm soaks are good too. You will want to up the amount of calcium intake a bit for the first 2 weeks as well. Producing eggs takes a lot out of them. She will probably lay another clutch or two as well. So be ready for that. If you want to keep the eggs this go round (when she lays again) you need to purchase a havobator incubator and some vermiculite. LLLreptile.com has great prices on the havobator.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How long in between before she may lay another? Her appetite has definatly improved. She just ate 16 crickets. She wants more but the pet store doesn't open til 9. Thanks for the advice

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She's doing pretty good i think. She ate 19 crix and 10 superworms so far today. I tried the squash babyfood on her greens she didn't like that much. She did get a little bit of greens tho i mixed her worms in them. And she ate a matchstick carrot too. Am I feeding her too much?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As Brian pointed out, let her eat until her heart's content.

For the next round of eggs, Brian wrote an interesting article on breeding. I think it would help you a lot. Here is the link to the article:
Breeding Bearded Dragons

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
25 super worms and 19 crix. She's got an appetite now. That's the most she's eaten since I got her. She needs a new name tho Dragon doesn't fit her lol. She such a sweetie. I'm absoulty in love! ;D :D. Another question. I'm currently using a 60 watt basking bulb but temps are only reaching 90 f how much higher should i go? Or is just a matter of buying a bunch of different wattage bulbs?

dave

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
in my viv i use a heat mat and a 60 watt bulb and mine is 103 f dunno if you have a mat in there maby could hellp if you dont but im not shore if ur suppose to have a mat there i only got it so thay dident get cold at night i gess maby my tank could be smaller aswell not shore im new to haveing the dragons myself but maby my could be usefull :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A heat mat is not recommended. Beardies cannot detect heat on their bellies and can get burned by the mats. Try a heat emitter if you need to get your temps around 65F at night. Here's a link to what I am talking about:

Heat Emitter

Latest posts