• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help: tail rot or regular tail darkening?

Tail rot or normal darkening?

• Tail rot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Normal darkening

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

julie_penelope

Bearded Dragon Egg
1C207D84-A5C0-455D-AFF8-198957065BD8.jpeg
Hi everyone! I’m new here. My name is Julie and my beardie’s name is Penelope. She’s around 7-9 years old (got her from a family that didn’t have time for her anymore, not exactly sure on age). I recently watched a YouTube video on beardie tail rot & it made me a little paranoid. From looking at older pictures of Penelope, her tail has always had a darker hue toward the tip, but I wanted to check in and make sure this is normal and not tail rot! I bought betadine and plain neosporin without pain relieving medication just in case! Here’s a picture of her tail.

Morven

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm no expert of course, But she definitely looks fine tail-wise to me! I remember when I first got my boy, Turok, His tail looked almost exactly like that and boy I was so worried about tail rot lmao, but it certainly just looks like a natural colour shift.

julie_penelope

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I was totally convinced it was tail rot, but the more I look at it, it looks totally healthy. I’m going to keep an eye on it just in case

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
that is a normal colored tail, my girl Strykers tail tip is a little darker like that and she is 4 yrs old. and still as ornery as always.

Latest posts